Thursday, July 19, 2012

Be Happy...


This morning I awoke starving for inner peace and I know that through music I can achieve this. Whenever I have been feeling melancholy ( which is one of my favorite ways to feel) I just listen to this song by one of my favorite artists Peter Christopherson. Peter was an amazing musician who touched the lives of countless people with his deeply spiritual music. He was a founding member of Throbbing Gristle, possibly the first "industrial" band in the late 70's. He founded Coil, the first openly "gay" band, quite possibly the best band of all time and those works are a massive influence on me lately. Peter died a few years ago and I can say I am truly honored to have met him in 1997 at an Aphex Twin show in NYC. A deeply spiritual and inspiring person, I am happy to be able to reference his body of work and allow it to touch me in ways that brighten my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment